Welcome to Operon.io!
Today most new development happens by using JSON as the data format for describing and interchanging data. JSON is a neat and concise data format, and the basics can be learned in just a few minutes. It is no wonder that the world of developers have embraced this format and are building new solutions with it. By using Operon you will always find it easy to interact with JSON.
Operon in a one sentence: Operon is a functional, general purpose dataflow programming language, which has very clear syntax and semantics, making it easy to transform data and build solutions and integrations with it.
Here's the Hello World with Operon
- Flow-based programming with text syntax that is easy to learn, understand and debug
- Components allow to extend the functionality so we never run out of power
- JSON is a subset of Operon datatypes, which allows Operon to natively process JSON like never before
- Write code faster
- Make code more understandable and thus more maintainable
- Test code easier
In essence we save a lot of development and maintenance time over the whole lifetime of the software. Operon = Build IT Better, Faster and Cheaper.
- You need the Operon-executable to run the queries. Current version can be run on Linux, but Windows and OS-X versions are coming.
Please check the presentation below for introduction!
Join the mailing list
By joining the mailing list we will keep you updated what's happening in the community.
Build it with Operon
To start learning Operon, we must start from the beginning. Hello world is the classical start for most of us. Let's see what's Operon's take on it!
What's after checking the Hello World? Of course Operon 1-2-3, which teaches enough basics to start applying Operon for basic scenarios.
Find out the extensive list of functions that Operon has and which make the magic happen for JSON!
We will walk through a simple example where we add new behaviour for the object.
How to send messages between multiple Operons?
One common task is to update values from a JSON-file. With Update-pattern we will learn how to update values from JSON-objects and arrays.